Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Pleasant Suprise

Hello everyone,

I had quite the suprise when I was going out my back door to take a dip in the pool.

I wear glasses normally, but take them off when I am going swimming. Needless to say, my vision is a bit affected by this change, so seeing things that aren't basically right in front of me is a challenge. So I was very shocked when I somehow found this little guy.

I was walking out the main door and we have a screen door after that that you also have to walk through and I noticed a splotch on the wood between the main door and screen door. Now without my glasses, there are quite a few things that look like splotches, but this one stood out to me because there wasn't ever anything on that wood. I paused and went back for a closer look and I saw it was a tree frog. I quickly went back inside and grabbed my glasses and got a very nice look at the little guy.

Grey Tree Frog (Hyla versicolor)
He was quite comfortably relaxing on the wood, but I didn't want him to get hurt if the door was slammed, so I scooped him up and brought him inside for a better look. Part of me had been hoping for the green variety, but I wasn't going to get that lucky. However, the grey coloration on him was beautiful. I wish I would have gotten a picture of my own, but he was much too hyper and my cat lightly batting at him made things a little more difficult. His climbing skills were in full show as he crawled up the wall, the oven, the cabinets...lots of climbing. It was very enjoyable to watch.

After letting him hop and climb around the kitchen for a while, I thought it would be best to put him back outside where he belongs. As I was about to let him go, he jumped from my fingers and landed on the siding of the house, sticking perfectly. He looked very content to sit there, so I just let him be since he was out of harm's way. When I came back in, he was gone, more than likely out on the hunt for some bugs to eat or to find a mate.

Enjoy our world everyone,

Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment