Thursday, July 14, 2011

To Look Around

Hello new readers,

This is my attempt at better putting my thoughts in order while introducing people to the natural world around us. There is a lot about the natural world that people don't know about. It's up to us to be curious and to keep an ever open mind about our world beyond what we have built. As the little jumping spider shows, it's ok to be curious.




I am writing this blog not only to encourage people to open their eyes and notice the natural world around them, I am also writing to provide interesting bits of information, share my thoughts on the environment and all that entails (I am majoring in ecology after all), and let you know what it is I'm seeing as I hike, look around my house, or even driving from place to place. There is much to be seen. I will tell you though, I hold a special place in my heart for the insects and spiders of the world and will have much to say about them because of how large a part they play in nature.

I find nature unbelievably fascinating because of all the different connections and all the new things that there still are to be discovered. As we learn more about the world, we learn more about ourselves and where we fit in.

Keep your eyes open everyone,

Bug

1 comment: